Dr. Michael Martin is a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Leipzig and heads the research group Emergent Semantics, which is part of the AKSW network. His research interests include Engineering of Web Applications using Semantic Web Technologies, Data Science and Management of Linked (Open) Data and Open Data. Michael is currently involved in several research projects, such as LEDS - Linked Enterprise Data Services (funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research - BmBF) and the EU funded project SlideWiki. In the past years, he was amongst others involved in the multi-national Research and Software development projects LOD2, LATC, LE4SW, OntoWiki, CubeViz and the Open Data Portal as well as the Digital Agenda Scoreboard of the European Commission. Furthermore, he has (co-)authored more than 40 peer-reviewed publications at international journals, conferences and workshops and holds lectures as well as seminars at the University of Leipzig in the research areas E-Business, Software Engineering and Software Management.
- 5. Leipziger Semantic Web Tag (LSWT2013) – Von Big Data zu Smart Data
- 6. Leipziger Semantic Web Tag (LSWT2018) – Linked Enterprise Data Services
- 7. Leipziger Semantic Web Tag (LSWT2019) – Linking Research and Enterprise
- CSVImport – Representing multi-dimensional statistical data as RDF using the RDF Data Cube Vocabulary
- CubeViz – The RDF DataCube Browser.
- Erfurt – PHP5 / Zend based Semantic Web API for Social Semantic Software
- FTS – RDF Version of the Financial Transparency System of the European Commission
- GeoKnow – Making the Web an Exploratory for Geospatial Knowledge
- LIMBO – Linked Data Services for Mobility
- LODStats – a statement-stream-based approach for gathering comprehensive statistics about RDF datasets
- OntoWiki – a tool providing support for agile, distributed knowledge engineering scenarios
- Query Cache – Adaptive SPARQL Query Cache
- ReDD-Observatory – Using the Web of Data for Evaluating the Research-Disease Disparity
- SlideWiki – revolutionise how educational materials can be authored, shared and reused
- SlideWiki.eu – Large-scale pilots for collaborative OpenCourseWare authoring, multiplatform delivery and Learning Analytics.
- SparqlAnalytics – I Know What You Did Last Query
- Digital Agenda Scoreboard – A Statistical Anatomy of Europe's way into the Information Age
- LATC – LOD Around-the-Clock
- LE4SW – Regional Technology Platform of Social Semantic Collaboration
- LEDS – Linked Enterprise Data Services
- OntoWiki.eu – Social Semantic Collaboration for EKM, E-Learning & E-Tourism