- We were nominated as runner up for Best Paper at KESW. Read our paper about Requirements to Modern Semantic Search Engines.
- I submitted my PhD thesis, a first version as well as the online erratum can be found here.
- We started a collection of utils, datasets and systems for Question Answering and Natural Language Interfaces in general
- We are supporting the next round of the QALD challenge by creating a hybrid QA gold standard Read more
- Our Eurostars project DIESEL and QAMEL are both entering the implementation phase by April. If you have any suggestions or want information, contact us. Read more about DIESEL
- Currently, I am chair of the W3C Community Group for Natural Language Interfaces for the Web of data. Join us!
- We participated in the 2nd annual Question Answering (QA) meetup. Read more
- HAWK, our hybrid question answering framework won the 2nd prize at QALD 5 - task 2 2015!
- Evaluating Entity Annotators using GERBIL won the Best Demo Award at ESWC 2015!
- CETUS – A Baseline Approach to Type Extraction by Michael Röder, Axel Ngonga and me won task 2 of the Open Knowledge Extraction Challenge (OKE) 2015.
- AGDISTIS, our Named Entity Disambiguation Tool won the Best Research Paper Award at the ISWC 2014.
- We initiated the annual meetup for Question Answering (QA) systems. Contact me for further information! Read more about our first meeting!
- Our paper CROCUS: Cluster-based Ontology Data Cleansing got elected for the Best of Workshops Series at ESWC 2014. An extended version is available here.
- Our submission Cross-Document Coreference Resolution using Latent Features to the LD4IE workshop at ISWC 2014 was elected for the Best of Workshop Series.
If you want to write your Bachelor or Master thesis within the Semantic Web area do not hesitate to contact me!
Web-Scale Extension of RDF Knowledge Bases from Templated Websites - ISWC 2014
Developing a Sustainable Platform for Entity Annotation Benchmarks - ESWC 2015
HAWK – Hybrid Question Answering using Linked Data - ESWC 2015
Designing modern enterprise search systems: the DIESEL case - KESW 2016
- AGDISTIS – Agnostic Disambiguation of Named Entities Using Linked Open Data
- ASSESS – Automatic Self Assessment
- DIESEL – Distributed Search in Large Enterprise Data
- GERBIL – General Entity Annotation Benchmark Framework
- HAWK – Hybrid Question Answering over Linked Data
- QAMEL – Question Answering on Mobil Devices
- 5. Leipziger Semantic Web Tag (LSWT2013) – Von Big Data zu Smart Data
- DeFacto – Deep Fact Validation
- MEX Vocabulary – A Light-Weight Interchange Format for Machine Learning Experiments
- N3 - Collection – N3 - A Collection of Datasets for Named Entity Recognition and Disambiguation in the NLP Interchange Format
- NIF4OGGD – Natural Language Interchange Format for Open German Governmental Data
- openQA – Open Question Answering Framework
- REX – Web-Scale Extension of RDF Knowledge Bases
- Studentenkonferenz Informatik Leipzig (SKIL2013) – Nerd but skilled