Milan Dojchinovski is a research associate at the Knowledge Integration and Linked Data Technologies KILT at the AKSW. He joined the AKSW group in March 2015 and is a project manager of the H2020 FREME project. His research interests are in Semantic Web, Web services, NLP and Data Integration technologies. Milan has 10+ years experience in the computer industry in Germany, Czech Republic and Slovenia. He has previously been involved in the LOD2 and LinkedTV FP7 European projects. Milan is the author of 20+ peer-reviewed scientific publications. Milan is member of the W3C LD4LT and Open Annotation groups. He holds a MSc. degree in Computer Science from the University of Maribor in Slovenia. Milan is also affiliated with the Czech Technical University in Prague where he holds position of an Assistant Professor and he works on his PhD thesis with focus on Linked Data Access and Knowledge Extraction mechanisms.
- Linked Data Аcess
- Knowledge Extraction
- Web Services and Web APIs
Awards and Nominations
- 3rd place winner of the vocabulary carnival at SEMANTiCS 2016 with the NIF 2.1 vocabulary
- Best poster award at EKAW 2014 with the paper Personalised, Serendipitous and Diverse Linked Data Resource Recommendations
- Nominated for best research paper award at ISWC 2012 with the paper Personalised Graph-based Selection of Web APIs
- Nominated for best lecturer in the study year 2012/13 at the Faculty of Information Technology, CTU in Prague
Milan has served the community as a programme committee member and reviewer for various conferences (WWW, ESWC, ICWE, COLING, SEMAPRO, NLDB, JIST), workshops (WS-REST, #Microposts, WIC) and journals (Semantic Web Journal, IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence). Milan has also (co-)organized various events such as tutorials (FREME, Language Resources and Linked Data) workshops (NIF) and symposiums (Intelligent Web Services Meet Social Computing). For complete list see here.
You can also find me at:
- Google Scholar and check the list my publications
- SlideShare presentations - shared presentations from various events
- LinkedIn profile - for my professional experience and education
- Twitter profile - stay up-to-data with my short message announcements.
For more general information please check my personal page.
- FREME – Open Framework of E-services for Multilingual and Semantic Enrichment of Digital Content
- NLP Interchange Format (NIF) – an RDF/OWL-based format that allows to combine and chain several NLP tools in a flexible, light-weight way
- NLP2RDF – Converting NLP tool output to RDF