Edgard Marx is a researcher from the Leipzig University of Applied Sciences (HTWK). He worked for six years in one of the largest South America research laboratories, Tecgraf, focusing mostly on designing and developing Geographic Information Systems. During this period Edgard participated in several projects, among others in: Cooperative development of open source libraries, such as Geotools and TerraLib in partnership with the Spatial Research Institute (INPE). Since 2013 Edgard is working on Natural Language Processing (NLP) focusing on Question Answering and Semantic Search systems. He is an active member of the Semantic and NLP academic community participating as a reviewer in conferences and working groups such as AAAI (Conference on Artificial Intelligence) and QALD (Open Challenge on Question Answering over Linked Data) as well as publishing several peer-reviewed publications in the area.
- DBtrends – Evaluating Ranking functions on RDF data sets
- KBox – Distributing Ready-to-Query RDF Knowledge Graphs
- openQA – Open Question Answering Framework
- PCP on Web – Professorial Career Patterns of the Early Modern History
- RDFSlice – Large-scale RDF Dataset Slicing
- SMART – A Semantic Search Engine